Wednesday, February 7, 2018

The Haircut

Wohoooooooooooo! I cut down my tresses a few days back. Its the shortest hairdo i have sported since i left preschool. Everybody including the stylist was a bit skeptical about the whole idea. But i was not the one to budge or get swayed by popular opinions( i usually do) but this time i decided to pay no heed and go forward with it. I wanted to go for a pixie cut, aka  boy cut in lay person's terms. However, i decided to ease it down a bit and go for a bob instead. I didn't want to jump into something that drastic and wanted to take it slow. So for starters i have settled for a bob, but of course pixie is in the pipeline.

The outcome was rather positive! I got great feedback from my circle. I was a bit worried about how my parents would react as they never really gave me a green signal to go ahead, but to my surprise they said nothing! And that means that it has turned out rather well, infact great. :D

Poople also went gaga over my 'balls' to actually come to do it. I was never a fan of long hair and never considered it a big deal to chop it off.
 So it is nothing 'ballsy' in my opinion. And it always grows back! So what is the fuss all about?

A lot of us give up on our desires small and big, to fit into the societal conventions. But the people who gather up the balls/pussy ( patriarchy be damned!) to defy conventions and do what they love are the ones who truly win at life. Cheers to all you rule breakers! 

Love, Harsha

No comments:

Post a Comment

A World Free From the Throngs of Patriarchy

‘’In a world that is accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression’’ - Franklin Leonard We all know that our society is deeply ent...